Stepping Off the Ledge

Not too long ago, I had a dream so vivid and and full of meaning that when I woke, I sat straight up. My subconscious was literally and figuratively giving me a slap across the noggin.

I was ascending the side of a mountain, which had very few places to step or grab onto.   The air around me was crisp and I think the sky was cerulean blue.  In an instant, the side of the mountain turned into smooth, glossy granite, going straight up, and I was on a very narrow, precarious ledge. All I knew to do was plaster myself against the side and call for help.  Which I did in a very wavery, whiny voice.  I was a wuss and knew it.  Wuss, hell. I was terrified.

And then I was answered. The voice was friendly, reassuring and encouraging.  "Susan! Turn around and jump. We've got you!" I edged around, and there were angels everywhere in the clouds.  The one speaking to me was a dark-haired male.  "Go ahead.  You're not going to fall." He smiled and held his arms out. 

Any other time I would have been a sniveling mass of jelly since heights terrify me.  Instead, this time I took a step off the ledge - and floated.  It was bliss.  I didn't fall. 

Then I woke up.

Today I took a step off a ledge I've been trapped on for way too long. When I did, there were real angels who caught and encouraged me. It was such a marvelous, freeing sensation.

I'm learning to fly.  And damn it, the wuss has been exorcised.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was Humiliated in Hot Topic

The Great Thanksgiving Pee Scandal of 2009